Gizmology 2015 – This Year in Gizmos Kicked Off at CES in Las Vegas

January 8, 2015 0 Comments

CES Live GraphicThe largest Consumer Electronics Show in the country (CES) is underway in Las Vegas and is the launching pad for some of the coolest as well as the goofiest gizmos you can imagine. Here’s my take, and a couple or three links you should enjoy.

I was very happy when Apple announced Apple Pay, which allows me to swoosh my phone over a gizmo at checkout (or on the web) and have my purchase securely finalized, without having to use my credit card, or the information on it openly, at all. Of course, that took a $400 iPhone and a 2 year contract to have.

Now, for $20 bucks (t-w-e-n-t-y, count’m!) ¬†you can have essentially the same thing, regardless of whether your phone is an Apple or an Android or anything else! Buy the gizmo, download a free app to your device (works on tablets, too!) and you’re ready to shop ’till you drop!

That’s just one of the jillion other gizmos debuting at this year’s show. Here are some links. And let us know if you find anything cool yourself!

About the Author:

Art (that's me) has been webmaster for Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry since almost before there was a web! Some people take this as cool. Most folks simple read it as a serious lack of initiative! I enjoy keeping up with current tech and online publishing news, and sharing it. I also enjoy discussing it. So leave your comments, and join the conversation.