Ready for a new car? For under $8K? Getting 84 MPG? Made in the USofA?

January 8, 2015 0 Comments

The New Elio at CESReady for a new car? For under $8K? Getting 84 MPG? Made in the USofA?

This is one of the main┬ámind blows of CES 2015 as far as I’m concerned. Check it out for yourself! A new car, 2 passenger, for under $8,000, that gets 84 mpg, and that doesn’t look half as goofy as the ‘Smart Car’! Meet the Elio!

What’s more, you can order one directly from the factory today! Ok, the ‘catch’ is that it has 3 wheels, and is technically a motorcycle. But its got all the safety features of a full sized car, including airbags, is fully stabilized for the road (see the snow/ice video on the Elio Motors website), carries 2 passengers, has a trunk, and actually looks pretty dang cool (considerin’).

I’m kind of amazed over here! What do you think?

Filed in: HE Communications

About the Author:

Art (that's me) has been webmaster for Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry since almost before there was a web! Some people take this as cool. Most folks simple read it as a serious lack of initiative! I enjoy keeping up with current tech and online publishing news, and sharing it. I also enjoy discussing it. So leave your comments, and join the conversation.